As the staff of Animated Canvas prepares to slowly re-open in the coming weeks, we want you to know that your safety and the safety of our artists/staff is our top priority.
We’ve held multiple meetings addressing questions and concerns, going back and forth asking questions with SCDHEC and listening to everyone’s voice. After much research and discussion, we’ve implemented new safety protocols that provide us all with the confidence to move forward.
Animated Canvas is going above and beyond the basic requirements and/or recommendations of SCDHEC, CDC and WHO. We would like to share these new safety protocols with you in the hope that they give you assurance and certainty when coming to get your tattoo with our studio. Please note the following changes:
* Upon arrival, artists, staff and clients must wash hands with soap and hot water for 30 seconds.
* We have added HEPA filters on the air system which cleans the air of 99.97% of airborne particles.
* Bookings will be made by appointment and spaced to allow ample time for cleaning and disinfecting of public areas such as doorknobs, bathrooms, etc.
* We will be limiting the amount of people in the studio to only clients and artists (no friends or onlookers).
* Health inquiries will be made within 24 hours of your appointment via email. We will ask if you’ve experienced any symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, sore throat), had exposure to someone exhibiting symptoms or confirmed illness within the last 14 days and if you have traveled. If yes, you will be asked to reschedule.
* Rescheduling appointments of anyone who feels unwell and waiving cancellation fees in order to encourage postponement if needed.
* Positioning artists and clients to support social distancing, for example, laying clients down (when applicable) instead of sitting, which extends the distance between artist and client.
* Use of masks for ALL artists, staff and clients while in the facility.
* Adding additional PPE such as disposable aprons and arm coverings.
* Limiting location of procedure away from head, neck and chest.
* Wait areas in the studio have been removed and clients will be asked to call the studio upon arrival and their artist will let them know when they are ready for them. Please arrive promptly to accommodate staggered arrival times.
* We are asking our artists to maintain a stay at home order, when not at work, to minimize exposure to clients.
* Clients are requested to bring in limited necessary items such as their phone, and payment.
* Any snacks or drinks must be commercially packaged.
* Procedure areas have been spaced apart, where possible, to maintain social distancing.
* Adhering to all CDC, SCDHEC and WHO and guidelines.
* All staff have completed SCDHEC work place assessment tool for Covid-19 as well as WHO courses on Infection Prevention and Control for COVID 19, Hand Hygiene and an updated PPE Donning and Removal tutorial.
* Maintaining social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
* No unnecessary physical contact.
* Signage posted with new safety protocol throughout.
* Option of contact-less payment system.
* Keeping the doors locked - only clients with appointments will be allowed inside.
*Development of policies and procedures for prompt identification of sick staff or clients.
* No walk ins. Clients must call or email for an appointment time.
* Consults will now be over phone, email, or video conferencing.
* Removal of unnecessary items in public areas to streamline sanitation.
* Additional scheduled disinfection of the facility and maintenance throughout the day.
We believe that our already strict cleanliness protocols, coupled with these additional safety precautions that align with CDC & SCDHEC recommendations/guidelines, put us in an effective position to better manage our work environment and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your understanding, cooperation and patience as we put the safety of our clients, artists and staff first !!
Please feel free to drop us an email if you have questions about rescheduling an existing appointment, make a new appointment or just an inquiry about a tattoo. As of 1 May we’ve begun to work on rebuilding our schedules to accommodate both existing appointments, missed appointments and new clientele.
We hope to be back to our normal lives soon!
Copyright © 2018 Animated Canvas LLC - All Rights Reserved.